This page displays the pedigree (or pedigree) of a malamute with various display options :
- Zoom : Use the wheel mouse to modify the zoom on the display of the tree in order to ease the information reading for a dog, or to keep the entire tree on a browser page.
- Drag and Drop : you can use drag and drop with mouse to move the tree into the blue frame in order to see different parts of the genealogy tree.
- Number of generations : the depth of display of the tree or in other words, the number of generations to display. This value can vary from 1 to 7. To view a larger tree, you can click on a leaf or export to PDF (see below).
- Search : the simple search is done by entering a name or affix dog and clicking "Search". The name or affix can be not complete, and I advise to not enter the full name because according to the pedigrees, a single dog can have several spellings. If you type any letter in the name and affix the search will return the full names and affixes to the database.
- Export to PDF: this feature allows you to create a printable document in PDF format, which contains all or part of informations about a pedigree dog. Before creating the file, you can choose which information to display for each dog and the number of generations to print, the number indicating whether the chosen generation allows the creation of a complete pedigree (in relation to elements of the data base).
- Display Options : these 2 options to choose the 2 informations that you want to appear in the image of pedigree
- Advanced Search : Advanced search allows you to search for dogs, based on multiple and complex criteria. We can look, for example, all dogs born after 3 February 1973, which weigh over 40 kg and have dysplasia more than B (A and B in fact).
Clicking on a leaf
of the genealogical tree, the rest of the tree is displayed allowing for easy and precise exploration of the complete pedigree of a dog on the side of parents.
By clicking on the root
of the tree, a list of potential puppies that the considered dog could have got, appears, allowing easy and precise exploration of the complete pedigree of a dog on the side of descendants
If, on the cell of a dog, is shown "info + photo"
, passing the mouse over the cell, a small picture of the dog appears.
By clicking the "infos"
, a small window appears with all of the information contained in the database on this Malamute.
The informations that can be displayed in a pedigree are :
- The nom : the name of the dog.
- The affix : The affix of the dog. This value is approximate at this time for technical reasons, but should be more precise later.
- The call name : the call name of the dog.
- The birth date : in french format, day-month-year
- The death date : in french format, day-month-year
- The titles : titles that the dog have got in dog shows or obdience, or pulling show, or other ...
- The color : the color of the dog, quite subjective value.
- The identification : the number that identifies the dog in the stud book of the country of origin of the dog.
- The size : the size of the dog.
- The weight : the weight of the dog.
- The breeder : the name of the breeder of the dog.
- The owner : the name of the owner of the dog.
- Dysplasia : the result of the search for hip dysplasia : A = Excellent, B = Good, C = Fair, D = Poor
- Elbow : the result of the search for elbow dysplasia : 0 = Excellent, SL = Very Good, 0 = Good, 1 = Fair, 2 = Poor
- Eyes : the result of the search of eye defects (PRA, cataracts, other ...)
- Type : information that I calculated to try to determine what type of dog: M'loot or Kotzebue or a mixture of two. The higher the value is close to 1, the dog is more like M'Loot. The higher the value is close to 0, the more the dog is kind of Kotzebue. The value of 0.5 corresponds to a mixture of equal M'Loot and Kotzebue. This is really relevant only if the pedigree is complete, otherwise the value is approximate and is only a guideline.
At the bottom
is shown the most shown 4 dogs in the pedigree, to try to determine what is the dog that had the most influence in the analyzed dog.
By right clicking
on the image of pedigree, you can save the image of the pedigree and use it to your liking, leaving, please, the address of my site.